June 12, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Sawyer!


Today is my son's 1st Birthday. I can hardly believe how fast this year has gone, I suppose it's true what they say: time flies when you're having fun! I have enjoyed every moment and every day with my son. As part of an all-day-on-going-celebration that started with homemade buttermilk pancakes this morning, I took Sawyer on a picnic for lunch at Gas Works Park, near our home. I was so excited about this HUGE red balloon I got for him...and SO disappointment (I might even say devastated) when, as I sat him on the grassy hill to photograph him with his balloon, he somehow got it off his wrist and there it went. Bye-bye balloon. I almost dropped my camera as I jumped up and grabbed my son and tried to chase the balloon. There was a perfect breeze (we're talking kite hill, here, where people bring kites to fly because it's so perfect) and there was not a chance we could get it. But guess what? Sawyer didn't seem to be disappointed. In fact, he was having a wonderful time: picnic lunch, watching sea-planes land in the water, dogs chase after frisbees, people doing yoga during their lunch break. So I decided, just like my son, to just enjoy the fun we had with the balloon, but let it go. We watched it get smaller and smaller. I guess it's kind of like watching your children grow up...sometimes you want to hold on so tight and never let them, but, in the end, you just have to appreciate them and what they bring to your life and watch them rise higher and higher.

Happy Birthday to my boy! I love you to pieces!!!

3 comments:

Jeanie Nelson said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Your photography is so rad, Tysha.

Jeanie Nelson said...

I blogged you today! jeanieandjewell.blogspot.com

Our family definitely needs to have you photograph us sometime.

M&M Kemp's said...

whew...I would have probably broken my camera trying to get it too...I'm glad you...your baby...and your camera is safe...and golly, the picture you got was INCREDIBLE!!!! Happy Birthday Sawyer!!!