August 19, 2010

Rob & Mia: The Wedding

Last weekend I had the pleasure of photographing my first wedding. My sister-in-law, Mia, had asked me about a year ago if I'd be willing, and we've all been counting down the days to this event ever since. Mia & Rob were married in a quiet and peaceful grove of trees overlooking the sparkling blue waters of Southern California's gorgeous Lake Arrowhead. It was truly breathtaking! The day was perfect. Thank you so very much to Rob & Mia for being so kind and welcoming as I followed you around all day long clicking away. I have to admit, my "shooting" hand was a little sore that evening - now I have had my first taste of wedding photography. An extra big congrats to the happy couple! I hope you enjoy your photos as you look back on this most important day for years to come. And for those of your family and friends that weren't able to make it to celebrate with you - here's hoping you get a little feeling of how wonderful this day was. The day Rob & Mia got married.

























PS - keep on dancin'. and swingin'. and singin' and lovin'= those are some of the not-so-secret-secrets of a happy marriage!

6 comments:

Emery said...

beautiful photos!

allegra said...

i think you nailed it, girl! the pics are fabulous. weddings are definitely in your future:) i have only done one wedding, too. and it was as a second shooter so that doesn't 100% count, but it definitely was tiring (especially that shooter finger:))

great job!

Patti and Randy K. said...

Thank you for sharing you pictures with me. I'll look at them in more detail after I recover from the festival I was at in Pennsylvania since Thursday.

Love you both!
Aunt Patti

kerri said...

Amazing job! You are really one of my fave photographers (and I know several and read a UK photog mag)!! But if I were you I wouldn't want to add weddings to my repetoire - sooo much pressure plus the all day or even several day commitment!

M&M Kemp's said...

Oh my word!!! Seeing this....I haave this blazing memory of you emailing me about weddings??? I completely forgot....I had every intention of all the things I was excited to tell you! But my word! You didn't need any of it!!! That turned out amazing!!! wonderful, wonderful, wonderful job!!! Cant you forgive me?

Diana said...

These are so awwwwww-mazing!!!