November 12, 2010

DIY Friday: Pretty-fied Duct Tape Candle

It's been a while since I have done a DIY Friday project, so here goes! Truth be told, I've been super busy lately, so I only had time for a QUICK project: If you're short on time, this is the project for you, as it take all of about 30 seconds from start to finish.

This project came together randomly as I wanted to pick up a yummy scented seasonal candle. Me being picky as I am, I didn't like the sticker on it. Luckily, it was easy to peel off. Someone else really liked it, as you'll see below. One person's trash...is another persons treasure I suppose :)
Anyway, I had picked up the duct tape for a completely different purpose, but as I was unloading my shopping bag, the idea hit me: replace the ugly sticker with the pretty duct tape! Wa lah!

Materials:

-Candle in container (could be a jar, glass, ceramic holder...whatever. I found mine at Target for about $6)
-Duct tape of choice (again, I found this pretty baroque print -- I know, can you believe it? pretty duct tape! at Target for about $3)
-Scissors

Step 1: Carefully peel sticker off the glass (or if yours can't peel off, skip to step 2)

optional step: give the sticker to someone else who will treasure it ;)

Step 3: Carefully wrap tape around jar. If you couldn't peel off your sticker, make sure the duct tape covers any artwork or typography.

Step 4: You're done! Display wherever you want! I only had time to just set mine on the kitchen counter top - with my lovely collection of milk glass vases (I'm obsessed). Can't wait to burn it and smell the pumpkin spice in the air!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

No comments: