December 6, 2010

Mine on Monday: Oh Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding...

Over the weekend, we went to the 24th Annual Figgy Pudding Street Corner Caroling Event. It is a tradition in our family that we look forward to each year. This year, my husband and I each had a baby in a backpack as we perused the carolers and waded through the crowds of people downtown. Everyone was in jolly spirits!

Our son, Sawyer, is now almost two-and-a-half years old. Since he was a wee babe, his favorite thing about the event is the big Macy's Star. Our generally energetic and bubbly boy got quiet and more serious as he took in the crowds and the music, and gazed with big eyes at the Macy's star. I wonder what was going on in his little head as he took everything in? Perhaps he was a little overwhelmed, maybe even a bit overstimulated? Maybe just amazed that so many people would gather together under a big bright star and get crazy with Christmas Carols?

I love this image of him because, first, his favorite part - the star - is behind him, illuminating his world. Second, the expression on his face - it is evident he is taking it all in. Soaking it up. Being touched by the magic that music can be during the Holiday Season. Oh how I love my little boy!

I hope everyone else had an enjoyable weekend! If you're not feeling in the Holiday Spirit yet, just crank up some of your favorite Christmas tunes and it won't be long before you'll be tapping your toes and letting your heart sing ;)

3 comments:

M&M Kemp's said...

I am just in awe every time I look at your site. I think...how does she do that? Where does she get that eye...the color...and mood? You're just amazing. I am so excited your coming to Utah! If we can combine our crazy schedules...maybe we could get together and I could pick your brain!

Layla said...

Stunning! Seriously you are brilliant!

Tysha said...

I forgot to mention that the coolest couple met up with us - The Judkins! Thanks for joining us!