December 20, 2010

Mine on Monday: Terrific

My son is now two-and-a-half and my daughter is 10 months old. The last week or so I have felt like the much talked of "terrible" part of the "twos" has come upon us. It's so hard when there are little people who are SO excited to do everything all by themselves, and you have to break it to them that they still need at least a little bit of help. Setting limits and boundaries sometimes makes me feel like a "mean" mom, but at the same time, I know it is imperative to the safety of my children. Anyway, I have felt like I have been struggling a bit with my son lately (we are BOTH as strong-willed as can be) and so I love when moments like this one happen. There are plenty of wonderful, beautiful "TERRIFIC" moments amidst the terrible ones, and I like to remind myself that. This image is a perfect reminder: first, that being two isn't always terrible, and second, that there is nothing better than seeing siblings love one another.

I hope during this season that we can forget all of our own "terrible" parts and let our "terrific" parts shine through.

Happy Christmas Week, friends!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Precious picture...and your children are precious too. I agree about trying to look on the positive side of both the terrible twos (mine was a runner-away in parking lots - ah!) and the tyrannical threes (mine is mostly an angel). :) Merry Christmas! Sorry we never got to go to Swanson's WITH you.