August 1, 2011

{Sneak Peek} Handsome Felix






It's double the pleasure to photograph my friends' new babies...

I was super excited when Ivy grabbed me in our church parking lot during the "trunk or treating" festivities and told me the wonderful news that she and her husband were expecting their first baby (this was obviously last October)! She asked if I would take a photograph to help them with a special way of announcing the pregnancy. Instead of sending out holiday cards, they sent out new year's cards (click here to see their cute and clever announcement, designed by our spectacular mutual friend, Auburn, of Orange Tree Papers). Didn't it turn out SO cute?

Well, guess what? Their baby boy is even CUTER! And it was so much fun to get to spend a few hours with baby Felix and his parents on Saturday afternoon. It was refreshing to have a nice enough day that we could do a lot of the shots outside. Thanks, Michael and Ivy, for having me out and giving me the opportunity to capture some of the special moments with you and your new son. Parenthood looks good on you - Felix scored with his parents! May you enjoy each moment, because they just grow up soooo fast!

ps-even though Felix didn't exactly love wearing the hat his mommy got him from Etsy...I was SO in love with it! (She even let me bring it home! Thanks, Ivy!)

6 comments:

Ivy R. Hendrickson said...

We LOVE these Tysha, thank you so much, we cannot wait to see the rest! It was so nice seeing you too, thanks for taking the time for us!

Layla said...

Felix is adorable! Tysha you make me want to get pregnant ASAP just so i can have you take AMAZING photos of my children. I hope to always have you be my family photographer!

Solveig said...

Great photos, Tysha...and Felix is so cute, Ivy! Well done, Hammonds! And I agree, that hat is just to die for!

Tia Marie said...

Felix is adorable!!!

Sean and Amy said...

These are fantastic pictures of a very handsome little man and his parents.

Auburn said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Love them!