October 5, 2011

Well worth the wait.







Her cozy warm place was just so comfy she decided to make her mom and dad wait 9 days past her due date to make her grand entrance into the world. She was definitely worth the wait!

Baby Kaylee was an angel to work with - never fussy, was bright-eyed and awake for part of the session and fell asleep in time to get a few of those oh-so-sweet sleepy newborn shots towards the end. Perfect! We got a wonderful combination of portraits and documentary-style/lifestyle shots. I am in love with the second to last image posted here - I just can't get over it. It was such a privilege to spend some time with this family and their newborn daughter - I always get a little "drippy" eyed when I drive away from newborn sessions - thinking of the miracle that has just come to earth, and also of my own two little miracles waiting for me at home.

Thanks again, Smith Family! Enjoy every moment with your new baby girl - the second seems to grow twice as fast as the first!

2 comments:

allegra said...

Darling baby and beautiful work, Tysh! I esp. love the second photo... cute pouty lips and oh that hair! You really do have a great talent with newborns. They love you!

Adam and Hilary said...

truly a miracle.

Beautiful newborn photography.

such a darling baby girl.