How it works:
• Contact me to book your session. A $50 deposit is due at time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable but fully transferrible should circumstances arise in which you need to reschedule. The deposit will later be applied as part of your print credit. Together (via phone or email) we will consult about the time of day and location for your session.
• After your session, you can expect to see several images featured on my blog as a preview within about a week's time. Please specify if you do not want them published.
• An online gallery of all artistically edited images (25-30) will be available to view within a 2-3 week period after your shoot. I will send you a password to view your gallery, which will be published for approximately 2 weeks. During this time, you can decide on prints and products you would like to order.
• Once I recieve and process your order, the turn around time is relatively quick. You can expect prints to arrive at your home within 7-10 days. For custom products (ie birth announcements, albums, etc.) you can expect a slightly longer turn around time.
• Out of courtesy for scheduling, please notify me within 48hrs of your scheduled shoot if you will not be able to make it for any reason.
Be prepared to have fun! When parents aren't overly anxious about the session, most often their children will follow suit. Pretend I am your child's nanny for the time we are together. The most important thing is to come, RELAX, and ENJOY YOURSELF!
What to Wear:
-SIMPLE is BEST!
-Try to avoid clothing that has graphics, brands and/or logos on the front.
-"Sunday Best" is NOT required.
-Don't let accessories overpower the subject (ie. extremely BIG bows).
-Bright colors are welcome.
-Try to coordinate wardrobe for family sessions.
-Let your clothing reflect your personality.
It is best to contact me while you are still pregnant to anticipate the date of our session. It is ideal to photograph newborns within the first 10 days of life, as it is amazing how fast the tiny wrinkles start transforming to rolls! (My preference, when possible, is the first week). These sessions are done in your home, so that you and your new baby can both be as comfortable as possible, and generally take anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours. I certainly don't like to rush a new parent or a new baby! We will take breaks for feedings, diaper changes, comforts and kisses. As for baby, newborns look best in their "birthday suits" so no need to fuss over a special outfit (just make sure to keep your home warm enough so that baby will be comfortably warm during the shoot). Please note that this is not a traditional Family Session, however parents or siblings may be in some of our shots.
Babies and Children...
You get to choose the location for the shoot, or I can make a recommendation. We will discuss the possibilities in greater detail during your pre-session consultation. We will try to pick a time that is generally a good time of day for your little one(s). Parents can be a great help during the session, especially with a shy child. Along with my "bag of tricks", I also encourage parents to bring along a favorite toy for their child(ren). It can be comforting to some children to have a familiar object or toy to hold onto if they are feeling unsure or nervous about being photographed. I also encourage parents to try and make sure their babes and kiddos are well-rested and fed before the session. Also, if anyone is or has been sick 24 hours before the session - for all of our sakes, let's reschedule! It's no fun for any of us to be sick during a session.